LATEST BLOG POSTS
View all Blog Posts
06-03-2017 by Weissman Law Firm
The National Children’s Advocacy Center reports…
1. Individuals who experienced childhood abuse and neglect have an increased risk for a variety of physical ailments, including:
2. Adults who experienced child abuse and neglect may also experience negative mental health conditions well into adulthood, including:
3. Adults who were maltreated as children are more likely to engage in behaviors that put them at further risk for negative physical and mental health outcomes, including:
4. Individuals who experienced maltreatment during childhood utilize more medical and mental health services, including more emergency room visits resulting in higher healthcare costs.
5. Women with a history of child sexual abuse are much more likely to be re-victimized sexually and physically as adults.